December 21, 2013

Failure

Two days to the 23rd of this very last month meant packing. It is actually something I enjoy as it involves arranging, organizing, cleaning, and sorting things out. Not to worry, I reckon I'm still in the lowest stage of OCD. This hell of a semester is finally over and I'll be going home the day after tomorrow. Monday early morning, to be exact. 

When you pack, and you go through your things. Then suddenly a flash of memories comes through your mind. Then those things actually remind you the things you've been through the past years or so. Or just those simple happy moments that make you stop whatever you were doing and smile. It's a weird feeling, but intriguing. Including going through the books you own. Yes, I do have books. Despite being a design student here in this campus who does not really need books, my shelf is still full of books. They're novels, sketch books, diary, few magazines and some english books that I wish I didn't have to buy them. 

As I take my books from the dark brown wooden shelf, a piece of paper fell out from my business english book. A set of questions were written on that paper. I then remembered, it was the final speaking exam. Yes, the final exam was that easy. We were given a set of questions in advanced to study them, and on the exam day, we were to chose 3 questions to discuss with a partner. No 1, 6 and 8 were encircled. 

1. Introduce yourself.
6. What is failure to you?
8. Are you an organized person?

I remembered on that day, due to fact that 2 hours wasn't enough for all 20+ students to discuss their 3 questions, we then had to only chose one. No. 6 was my choice. 

"To me, failure is a process to success. Failure is required in order to succeed. This way, we can figure out what's wrong and what's right. Also, it motivates me to want to succeed even more."

That was my answer. Sean which happens to be the professor said "Interesting. That's something nice. I like your answer". That was probably the nicest thing any professor has ever said to me this whole semester. Sad, but true. Anyway, he then told me that he did agree with me. Although, in order to succeed, we try hard not to fail. To make it as perfect as possible.